BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference was wonderful! My favorite, for special reasons, was Saturday night Priesthood Mtg. All three of my boys, with Jamie (and his dad, George) and Pete, joined me at the stake center and for dinner afterward. The meeting was great. I will always remember Bishop Edgley's talk about rescuing our brethren in financial trouble...analogous to the saints in SLC rescuing the winter-stranded saints in Wyoming. He asked, "what if you received a call from your priesthood leader to leave a warm home and travel to Wyoming, laden with supplies, to bring the stranded saints home?" He said, "Well, brethren, consider this your phone call!" Couldn't be more direct. I must see what I can do to help brethren in trouble. I think I will go to our local employment center and volunteer to help with resumes. Let's all think what we can do to help those we know who are in distress.

Love you all.

DAD

0 comments: