BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Hi everyone. Hope all is well with all of you...or that all is well with you if and when you ever get around to reading this post!

I just got back from DC. I was there election night. I had to put my earplugs in at around 2 am to get to sleep in my hotel (downtown DC) because of all the loud celebrating in the streets as it became clear that we had elected our first African American president.

I did not vote for him, but I refuse to be a bitter loser. We are the UNITED States of America. We are all children of our Heavenly Father. At some level I can appreciate the emotion blacks feel at this point. After all, it was only 40 years ago that we had to pass legislation to ensure them the right to register and vote in our country. At that time no one, white or black, could have imagined a black being elected president.

He made some outrageous campaign promises...many of which I hope he is not able to deliver on. But if he can help unite us and if he can do anything to diminish or mitigate the bitter partisanship and hostility in the government and among the governed, I am behind him. I honor the office and the person who occupies it. It's time we put America first...ahead of party and political dogma.

While we should espouse our views and work for what we believe is right, we can do that in the spirit of unity and civility.

What do you all think? How are you feeling now that the campaign is over?

I love you all and hope we can count our blessings and work to maintain America's greatness for our children and grandchildren!!!

DAD

3 comments:

Kings said...

Hi Dad! Love you, sorry I'm a once in a while blogger. I just don't get time. I usually end up doing a big post once a month when my kids and hubby and fast asleep. That way I don't feel like I'm neglecting anyone.

Kings said...

I am with you all the way about Obama. I didn't vote for him either, but it is kind of cool seeing him make history. I just hope that we can come out of the economic slump and that we can be united. I feel like our local leaders are great and I hope to be more involved with decisions closer to home. I am proud to be able to vote and am so grateful for the opportunity. I love you daddy!

Julander Family said...

Hey Daddy,
Sorry I don't post much lately life has been crazy! About the election, well I didn't vote. I didn't feel like I knew enough. But I haven't heard much good about Obama. I hope everything goes well with him as Pres. We'll see!
Love you
Em